I am honored to be nominated for a Sunshine Award by a blogger/tweeter who so regularly contributes to my own learning, Seth Berg. Seth’s reflective and informative blog can be found at http://bergseyeview.edublogs.org/ and he tweets @BergsEyeView.
The Sunshine award gives others an opportunity to learn more about me as a blogger and then, in turn, I will send sunshine the way of 11 other amazing bloggers for you to get to know!
Here are the rules listed by Brenda on her blog:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
11 Random Facts about me…
- I love playing video games with my kids (or without them)
- I love playing any game with cards, die or tiles.
- I am a huge Calvin and Hobbes fan.
- I am an insatiable reader who loves reading pedagogy, leadership, philosophy, and humor books.
- I enjoy fiction novels that are a part of series so as to allow a longer investment. (a few of my favorites are The Courtney Series by Wilbur Smith, W.E.B. Griffin’s The Corp Series, and unashamedly a huge fan of the Potter and Artemis Fowl Series).
- I am a huge fan of George Carlin’s humor and books.
- I am a compulsive computationalist.
- I have great admiration for the power and impact of inspirational videos and I love to find and share these with friends, parents and colleagues.
- I love improve and musical theatre.
- Cowboy boots are my greatest vanity.
- I believe Sriracha sauce is a great condiment for everything from breakfast through desert.
Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
What is your favorite movie of all time?
Tough question. I would have to say Field of Dreams due to how it resonates with me as one who lost my father early in life as well as the incredible messages about faith , courage, and love for baseball.
Which teacher inspired you most as a k-12 student?
I had a number of wonderful teachers who shaped the educator and person that I am today, but I believe Paul Myers, advanced math teacher at Woodward Academy, impacted me most.
Are you a sports fan? If so, season? Team? If not, what does get you fired up?
Completely. I am into anything that has score and can be kept up with in a statistical fashion. First and foremost I root for anything Chicago based, next I am a University of Georgia fan,
How many siblings do you have?
3 siblings (two sisters and a brother) and 3 great brother/sister-in-laws.
Eat out or cook at home?
I love to cook, so I would say home would be my preference. I spent about 10 years in the food industry and I love to prepare elaborate meals for friends and family. That being said, time is a scarce commodity, so I also love to dine out with friends and family.
Where do you go to get away?
I do not do this enough, but we have enjoyed great family trips to Orlando, Great Wolff in Concorde, and recently a 10 year anniversary trip with my wife to Cancun.
What do you do for fun? Hobby?
My hobby/fun is gaming (card or video) with my sons and friends, watching movies and TV with my wife, and/or reading for myself or with my kids.
Read any good books lately?
Yes, definitely. Shifting the Monkey by Todd Whitaker and Great Ways to Sabotage a Good Conversation by Paul Schenk
Favorite pizza toppings?
Addicted to any television series?
Way too many to be healthy. Survivor, Castle, Hawaii Five-O, Scandal, Big Break, Sing Off ..etc.
What would you have your readers know about you that you haven’t shared?
I vacillate between being the poorly behaved child who makes faces in the hall windows of the classroom and being the principal who has speak with children who make bad decisions and get sent to me.
Now it’s time for me to nominate 11 bloggers who deserve the Sunshine award. I read and appreciate so many.
- MathyCathy’s Blog – Mrs. Cathy Yenca http://www.mathycathy.com/blog/
- Mrs. White’s 5th Grade Class http://mesmrswhitesclass.blogspot.com/
- MorahKelly’s Blog http://tinyurl.com/n5j7dju
- Todd Nesloney’s Blog http://www.toddnesloney.com/
- What’s going on in Mr. Solarz’ Class? http://psolarz.weebly.com/
- The Principal of Change | Stories of learning and leading http://georgecouros.ca/blog/
- The Learners’ Perspective http://thelearnersperspective.blogspot.com/
- Rabbi’s Pen http://www.rabbispen.com/
- A Tech Teacher on a Mission http://www.techteacheronamission.com/index.html
- Beth Holland | Leading Change in Changing Times http://edtechteacher.org/blog/
- Inside the classroom, outside the box! http://insidetheclassroomoutsidethebox.wordpress.com/
Finally, according to the Sunshine award rules, it’s my turn to ask 11 questions of my nominees:
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- If you could go to have attended any concert anytime in history, what would it have been?
- What do you do for fun? Hobby?
- What two guests would make the best comedic pair as co-hosts for the Oscars?
- Cat, Dog or Goldfish? Why…
- How do you caffeinate?
- Favorite twitter chat?
- Best place you ever vacationed?
- Best book you’ve read in 2013?
- Favorite television shows?
- What is one thing you never/rarely share that you are exceptionally proud of?